In short. I had one hour of HARD labor, did I say EXCRUCIATING labor. Gregg thought I was in early labor. HA HA. So, he was chit chatting with my Mom when all I wanted was for her to get here so I could go to the hospital, I said,"GET HER HERE NOOOWWWW!!! Dad stayed with Kylee, Mom jumped in the car with Gregg and I. I told him he better drive me to Freemont (our local hospital which is 10 minutes away) because we are not going to make it to Roseville (where he was supposed to be born, where Kylee was born). He said, "Sure, we'll make it". I said,"Unless you want to birth your son on the side of the road in Wheatland you will take me to Freemont NOOWWW!! He proceeded to go 25 miles and hour. NO, I am not joking at 3 am he decided to go the speed limit. I then said,"It is 3 am, what are you doing going 25 miles an hour, either you get me there, go through stop signs or lights I do not care or I am going to have your son in this car right now, I am feeling pressure. As I was walking in my water broke. Apparently the lady in admissions didn't feel the need to wait for my Husband to sign the admitting forms while I was screaming in pain. The labor nurses came down with a kit, just in case and she made me walk to the elevator where the wheelchair resided and I said a few choice words wondering why they didn't wheel it to me. The Doctor is on his way they told me. OK, so, no pain meds. HA HA, NO WAY, it would make the baby too lethargic, WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NOTHING, can I do this, oh my gosh I need to push him out. No, they say. The Dr. will be here in a minute. WHAT? You want me to try to hold him in. ARE YOU %%^*&^ kidding me? The Doctor finally arrived, so, 17 minutes from when I walked in the door and two pushes later, our precious Connor was out. Then the Doctor tells me I had a rare placental disease that could have killed me and my son and cannot be detected by ultrasound, oh great, tell me now, thanks.
THANK YOU LORD!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment